10.25.2008

Bye Bye Bassinet

We got Jacob's crib set up yesterday in our room so he could start sleeping in there and hopefully get out of our bed. He's not been a big fan of the bassinet so we thought he'd be more comfortable in the crib. He slept in there for a while last night so I don't think we need the bassinet anymore. So, I took some pictures of it and I'll try to sell it on craigslist (though if anyone needs it..let me know). While I'm a little excited to get something out of our house I'm feeling a little sentimental about the bassinet.

When Emma was born I hadn't planned on using a bassinet. In fact, I remember taking it off our registry..I figured she'd go right to her crib in her room. However when I brought that tiny baby home I just couldn't bear to think of her all the way down the hall so far from me. So, I sent Paul to Target that very day to buy a bassinet. He brought home a very lovely one and it has been well used and well loved. Not only have my 4 children used it but we've loaned it to at least 3 friends for them to use. So, 7 babies all together have slept in the bassinet. It has such fond memories of tiny, sweet, little newborn babies. So, you can see why I'm a little sad to get rid of it. But, it needs to go..no more babies coming from this household. It's time to close this chapter and move on to the next phase.

No comments: