10.05.2008

America's Next Top Model

So my friend Laura from the MOMS Club who is an amazing photographer (www.lauraannphotos.blogspot.com) asked if she could do a photo session with Jacob. She's starting out her photography business and wanted some practice shooting newborns. Of course I said yes and she came over this morning to shoot Jacob. It was a good time because the girls were gone with my mom and Paul was working so the house was quiet for a change. The plan was for her to come when Jacob had just finished eating so he would be content and sleepy. Right..newborns aren't so big on plans. Laura got set up while I finished feeding Jacob, he fell asleep and then we started his shoot. We put on a beanbag with blankets and took off his diaper. He wasn't too excited about this and he just couldn't get settled so I picked him up and of course he'd peed on the blankets. Oh well..on to plan B. Laura is seriously the most patient photographer. Jacob had a hard time getting settled and staying asleep. I ended up having to nurse him again. He finally did fall asleep and she was able to get some cute shots of him. I felt bad it took a long time but like I said Laura was really patient and gracious and didn't seem to mind. So the last shots we tried were of him sans diaper..after we were done I picked him up to dress him..I put him on the dining room table and..he peed..everywhere. This was the first time he's done that too me! I've been pretty careful thus far but it was like a fountain..little boys have impressive range!! Thankfully it narrowly missed Laura's camera lens! Anyway it was fun for me to have her shoot him and I'm very thankful and can't wait to see the pictures!

1 comment:

Jules said...

You have officially been christened Mother Of Boy! That will calm down a bit in a few weeks. :)

Be sure to share the pictures with us!