10.29.2008

Exercising Their Right...

Emma came home from school yesterday with a "I Voted/Kids Vote" sticker on. She told me they read "Duck for President" and then voted. I asked her who she voted for and she told me to which I replied "awesome." She goes over to tell Lily about her voting experience and when Lily didn't respond Emma says aren't you going to say that's awesome? It was cute..she was clearly proud. I was impressed that she even knew who was running! I don't know that when I was 5 I would have known who was running for president. Clearly her parents have influenced her voting choice and it got me wondering what kinds of things her Kindergarten teachers got to hear as they were voting. You know those kids were totally repeating what they've heard their parents say and I'm thinking that could be dangerous (and probably pretty comical).

So this morning on the way to school Emma asked her friend Meri who rides with us if she voted yesterday. Meri replied yes (apparently they did at all schools around here). Emma said "well, did you vote for the bald guy or the brown one?". It was so funny.

I wonder where those election results will be posted..I bet it would be pretty interesting to see who won at school.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Lol...love it. They (you know...they) say that whoever wins the Kid Elections is typically the actual winner b/c kids vote in line with how their parents are going to do so as well. It's pretty interesting. We brainwashed Eve into voting for Obama! :)