5.01.2008

Strawberry Day

It's Strawberry Day at the Farmer's Market so after we dropped Lily off at preschool Emma, Julia and I headed down to check it out. Indeed there were tons of yummy strawberries! Emma must have eaten 100 of them! All the farmers were handing out samples and every time we walked by Emma got one. They were so good though she just couldn't help herself! It was a very fun morning. We got strawberries, asparagus, corn, tomatoes and cilantro (in honor of Cinco de Mayo on Monday I got inspired to make fresh salsa). I must try to go the farmers market more often. They really do have a great selection at good prices and it's good to buy local. Doing my part to "be green" one step at a time.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Oh! Cinco de Mayo!! You KNOW what that makes me think of....KIT KAT!!! :) I love Farmer's markets - they always make me want to eat healthier. Do you feel that way, too?