5.25.2008

Vacation

It's Sunday morning and we are not at church but instead on a little vacation at the beach. Some of you may know but Paul has left Target and will be starting a new job in 2 weeks at Dick's Sporting Goods. He's been home for 2 weeks as Target did not have him work out his notice and Lord help us he'll be home for 2 more weeks before his new job starts. It was actually really nice to have him home during the last couple weeks - he was very helpful with the kids. Also his mom had knee surgery so he was able to spend a lot of time at the hospital with her. So, since he's starting a new job and Emma starts school in 6 weeks we won't really have any other vacations this year so we came down to see my mom and get some r&r. The next 2 weeks should prove interesting. I'm hopeful that Paul will get some projects done around the house (the garage!) and get his honey-do list caught up! I'm hopeful I can get some things done too like cleaning out closets and the attic.

I'm excited for Paul to have a new beginning. He was really burned out at Target. I'll mostly miss the discount but I'm sure my visa will be the better for it. Good timing too - who wants to take three kids shopping in the summer so I'll get weaned quickly from my Target addiction. We did take big advantage of our discount on Friday with a major shopping spree. I got my new camera (thank you, thank you, thank you Paul!) and stocked up on a bunch of things. I'm miss you Target discount card....

No comments: