12.28.2009

Monday Thoughts

One more week of vacation yall!! One more week! I must admit the l-o-n-g vacation has gone by faster than I expected. This week I'm down 2 kids - God Bless my mother who took Julia and Emma to Camp Gagi for 5 days!! So this week feels like a different kind of vacation altogether. It's much quieter without two children, one of which talks from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed. And the laundry - I didn't realize how much laundry 2 extra children produce! Or, should I say how much less laundry I have with 2 kids gone! I think Lily has enjoyed having the time without her sisters - lots of playdates, shopping and no sharing!

I took down most of the Christmas decorations today. I wonder if I'm the only person who gets excited about taking them down? Don't get me wrong - I love, love Christmas. I love putting up the decorations and getting the tree and all that. But, when it's done..I'm done. Move on and clean out. Just have the tree lights left - boo hoo - worst job ever. Every year when Paul and I are fussing at each other I think that lights really aren't that expensive - can't we throw the tree out with lights on it? But...he says no. Sigh..tomorrow we'll tackle that.

And one more thing...today I was driving down Walnut St and got behind a car that had a bumpers sticker that read: Republicans for Obama. Which made me think..really? Wouldn't that make you a Democrat? Since, you know, Obama is pretty much anti-republican in almost all political facets? Whatever.

2 comments:

Amy said...

CRH and I decided EARLY on that we would spend the extra money every year and throw away the tree lights. We've never (only once) had a fight about the Christmas tree lights...worth every penny! :)

Jules said...

I have never thought about throwing away the tree lights before (we have an artificial tree), but I don't blame you for wanting to.

And the bumper sticker and your comments? Totally crack me up. Love you, girl!