12.08.2009

The Gospel According to Emma

Emma and Lily got invited to go to A Christmas Carol with my dad's wife tonight. They were pretty excited and I thought they should dress up a little for the occasion. I helped Lily pick out one of her Christmas dresses and instructed Emma to go ahead and get dressed as well. She complained about this..wanting to stay in her Tinkerbell dress and black leggings ensemble that she now wears every time it's clean. I insisted and she begrudgingly went upstairs to change. She was up there for quite some time and I could hear her muttering and grumbling to herself. She finally comes downstairs, teary faced and reports this to me:

"Mommy..Christmas is not about pretty dresses. Christmas is about Jesus's birthday and in the Bible it says we shouldn't worry about what we wear. And we need to listen to His word and obey."

Well played Emma..well played.

2 comments:

kristin said...

ROFL! too, too funny!

Amy said...

I'm dying laughing...that's hilarious!