12.21.2009

The Snow That Wasn't

We were supposed to be snowed in this weekend. We weren't. All week last week they said we were going to get snow. And man were my kids E-X-C-I-T-E-D. Friday morning we watched the weather - they said snow - yay! Friday about 1pm when I put the little ones down for a nap I looked out the window and SNOW! Big flakes..beautiful flakes..falling fast. We ran up to the attic got our "snow gear" (leftover from our days in MA). My neighbor texted me and the big girls and I ran outside to "play" in it. Emma put out a bowl to collect snow for snow cream. Convinced we'd have enough soon. Sadly the snow lasted about 30 minutes..no accumulation. The news said it was a lull - there would be more later. There wasn't. It rained. And rained and maybe a little freezing rain and sleet. No snow. Boo. I'm not a huge fan of snow but at Christmas it would be nice -you know just and inch or 2. Don't think it's going to this year - the forecast I saw today said 58 and rain for Christmas Day. Oh well - winter has just begun. Here are few pics my neighbor took of the girls in the "snow."








1 comment:

Jules said...

Wish we could have shared some of our snow with you. I think we had about five inches here - so weird that you are so close and didn't get any. GORGEOUS pictures of your adorable daughters, too, btw.