12.04.2009

One Down Four to Go

We survived the first week of our L-O-N-G winter break! I don't know if I've mentioned it but my older girls are out of school for 5 1/2 weeks. We have our normal 3 week track out but this year the timing coincided with the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks giving us a grand total of 5 1/2 weeks. Out Nov. 26 through Jan. 4. Seriously. I had intended (ha!ha!) to be done with my Christmas shopping before the break began but I think we all know how that turned out. Not well. In fact, not one single gift (unless you count the Scholastic book order I decided was a gift) had been purchased before the break began. Oh well. I've got some ground to make up over the next few weeks. Thankfully I purchased a gift for myself the week before break - a package of hours at the local drop off daycare. Merry Christmas to me!! I have plans for come certain children to be spending some time there next week.

The week actually went pretty well thanks mostly to some awesome neighbors who invited the girls over for playdates. Julia still has preschool so we have some of our normal routine for the next couple of weeks at least. I must say it's been nice to have some time away from the carpool line. And from packing lunches. Busy weekend ahead and then we'll start week 2..wish us luck!

No comments: