12.24.2009

Elephant Memory?

Don't they say that elephants have amazing memories and never forget anything. I think they have that confused with my kids. Oh wait..let me take that back..they remember everything they want to remember and everything you want them to forget. Like no one can ever remember what they did at school that day yet amazingly they will remember how you accidentally hit them on the head with a plate when they were 2.

This morning the kids were excitedly talking about Santa when Emma brought up the wrapping paper that Santa used last year. (At our house Santa only wraps the stocking stuffers.) Apparently last year he used pink princess paper with all the Disney princesses on it. Emma described it in great detail. The problem? I totally forgot that's the paper Santa used last year and the paper I used this year to wrap all their gifts from Paul & I. Whoops!! Suddenly I had visions of my frantic text to Paul to Get! More! Paper! And being up until 2am re-wrapping all those gifts. But then I thought I'd try the "you're wrong" tactic and said "that's not the paper Santa used...he used the Santa paper." Totally didn't work. At all. I had 2 of them telling me I was wrong. Then it came to me...I said "oh that's right...you know I found that wrapping paper in the attic and wondered where it came from. Santa left it for us since he didn't use the whole roll last year." Thankfully they bought it. Whew...problem escaped. I'm so glad it's Christmas tomorrow..I can not keep up with the "Santa lies" any longer.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve!!!

1 comment:

Jules said...

Well done, Mama, well done. Now, stop hitting your kids on the head with plates! :)