12.19.2009

Gingerbread Village Making

Every year we do a premade gingerbread house kit. One of our many Christmas traditions. Every year someone gets upset and yelling ensues because "you're not doing it right." I *want* to let the kids have their creative freedom but sometimes it just drives me nuts. And, I am too cheap to buy more than one premade gingerbread kit. But this year I saw the perfect thing at Target: the Gingerbread Village. Five "houses" (well technically 2 houses, 1 building, 1 church and a chalet). I thought this is perfect - each kid can have their own to do and there will be no fighting. And actually that's what happened! The girls have been asking to do them for a couple weeks but we held off until yesterday afternoon. Cold...forecast for snow..what a perfect afternoon for gingerbread village making! Jacob even got in on the action - trying to steal the candy and then eating the icing. They were so proud of their creations.

No comments: