5.23.2009

Run..Don't Walk..

To your nearest bookstore or library and check out a Jen Lancaster book. She has four out the newest is "Pretty in Plaid" the first is "Bitter is the New Black." She is my new favorite author and I love, love, love her. Her books are memoirs and she is absolutely freaking hilarious. She is conservative (sorry Amy but, you will still like her), loves pink and says whatever is on her mind. I was reading last night and I was laughing so hard I was crying. Literally, crying in bed laughing so hard. In the book I'm reading she refers to the Holy Trinity of shopping: Target, Ikea and Trader Joes. Right on sister. Seriously, check her out if you haven't already. Oh, and she has a blog...www.jennsylvania.com check that out too! Have a fabulous day!

Disclaimer: Her books so have a fair amount of swearing in them and she's not afraid to drop the f-bomb but they are still very funny and worthy of reading!

2 comments:

Amy said...

LOL...I bought the 1st one after we emailed the other day, but I haven't started it. I hope to get to it this weekend. Eve is camping with a friend of mine for the next 2 days!

Jess said...

I LOVE her books- so freaking funny! I didn't know Pretty in Plaid was out yet! Thanks for the heads up.