5.12.2009

Observations from the Treadmill

So I bit the bullet a couple weeks ago and joined a gym. Exercise just doesn't happen for me unless it's purposed at a gym. I love the wii fit but I'm not motivated enough to do it long enough to really see results. Some of my MOMS Club friends belong to a gym that's really cheap and pretty convenient to our elementary and preschools so I thought I'd check them out. It's a very low maintenance gym...they have a bunch of cardio equipment and weights but no classes and no showers. They do have childcare which is a requirement for me. I'm too uncoordinated for most classes so this works well for me.

This is the 3rd week I've been going and I've encountered some interesting folks at the gym. I thought I'd share with you some of my observations:

1. A lacy camisole is just not appropriate work out attire. When you pair it with a tennis skirt it's even less appropriate..I wonder why that girl is at the gym?

2. Also not appropriate gym attire: jeans and cowboy boots. I kid you not a lady came into the gym and was using the weight machines today. In jeans and cowboy boots! Seriously!

3. Who are all these men that don't work and how can my husband get one of those jobs? I see a lot of men around Paul's age working out at all different times of the day..what gives?

4. They should really hand out deodorant samples at the front desk. Not to stereotype but there are a lot of people from other countries who go to this gym and not all of them believe in deodorant. That's just a smelly fact.

5. Not to be too judgemental but it just doesn't look right to see a pregnant gal doing ab work. Isn't that uncomfortable?

That's all for now but give me a few more weeks and I'm sure there will be more...

No comments: