6.08.2011

The Proposal

Emma (8) noticed in Sundays Target that there is a new Dork Diaries (book) coming out.  She immediately asked to drive to Target right then to get it. First, I told her the book wasn't available until Tuesday and then I asked her how she was going to earn the book.  She looked a little puzzled about this news and then said.."I will do stuff around the house."  Thinking this vague answer would suffice and the book would be waiting for her afterschool.  Like what "stuff" I asked?  Clearly she wasn't expecting this and she said you know, extra chores.  Like what exactly?  I told her to think about and write down what she could to earn the book.  I had sort of forgotten about it.  Until tonight when she brought this down.  Her proposal to earn a book.  It made me laugh so I thought I'd share.


No comments: