6.27.2011

Ch..ch..changes

For the past few weeks whenever Jacob wakes up he screams "Daddy" and then "Daddy get me" and then "DDAADDYYY GET ME UP" Loudly. Very loudly. Add this to the fact that he climbs in the crib all the time we've been discussing the thought of setting up the toddler bed for him. I long live by the philosophy that kids (especially toddlers) should remain in the crib as long as humanly possible but the incessant early morning screaming is about to send me over the edge. And I really don't like how Jacob routinely dives into his crib headfirst.

Sooo...while I was at the swim meet with the girls Saturday morning Paul and Jacob set up the toddler bed in his room. When we got home from the pool Jacob was very excited to tell us about the big boy bed. He told me "it's so cool." So I spent some time that afternoon redoing his room. I figured if he had that much freedom I needed to take out the "climbing wall" aka changing table and add a basket of toys for him. Paul hasn't taken out the crib just yet - we wanted to make sure this was going to work before taking it down. But so far it's OK. He got out of bed once Saturday night but he did nap OK so we'll see how it goes.

This is the first time in nearly 8 1/2 years that we don't have a crib up in the house! And we'll be getting rid of the crib instead of saving it for another kid (after being moved to 4 different houses and 8 kids it's on it's last leg. Not to mention it's a drop down crib which is apparently now evil). I think I'm a little sentimental about it...sniff...sniff....Ch..ch...changes....moving on the next stages of life....

No comments: