6.21.2011

Bittersweet

My baby is growing up. It's so bittersweet. I sometimes look at this toddler..full of words and expressions (like "you old dude") and think who are you? Where is my bald headed baby? How did nearly 3 years pass in what feels like a blink of an eye? How are you walking, talking, running, trying to swim and I missed it? Or at least it feels like it. Do you always think of your youngest child as "the baby"?

My baby is starting to potty train and we're seriously contemplating taking down his crib soon (his incessant screaming for someone to get him up at 6:30 is about to send me over the edge). And as much as I look forward to the next chapter (preschool? Yes please!) It's still bittersweet to have your baby growing up. I suppose any time you leave one stage it feels this way. No worries - I'm not emotional enough to actually have another baby or anything crazy like that...just thinking about how much he's growing up!


No comments: