6.26.2011

Big Weekend

Phew...it's 9:54 on Sunday night and I feel like I'm just sitting down for the first time this weekend! Friday we kicked off the busy weekend with Lily's "Aloha to 1st Grade Luau." It was a super cute celebration and I'm so thankful Paul was around so I could volunteer. She was super thrilled to get a playdate with bff after school too! Emma rushed home from school to get ready for her big weekend activity - The Zoo Snooze! Her Brownie troop went to the NC Zoo for a special overnight trip as a cookie selling reward. Emma absolutely loved it. Pretty much she loves any activity that involves sleeping away from home but this was especially cool. They had a program, learned about nocturnal animals and made a bat house (that is apparently supposed to reside in our backyard??) and generally had a great time with her friends. I'm so happy that she loved it and so thankful for the moms to went with them!

Saturday morning we were up bright and early for our last swim time trial. All the girls are swimming our new neighborhood team. It's been so exciting to see how much they've learned over the course of the last 5 weeks. Julia swam the whole 15 yards unassisted on 2 of her races - she was so excited. After the time trial we came home to get ready for Lily's 7th Birthday Party!! She requested a "Peace Sign Cookie Cake" which was easy peasy (especially considering some of her cake requests). I'll do a separate post on her party but it was super fun and she loved it!

I opened the door after getting home from the party and saw a huge bouquet of flowers on the kitchen counter. I was a bit confused at first because they were GORGEOUS and HUGE and it wasn't my birthday, anniversary, Mother's Day or any holiday. And Paul and I weren't fighting so it couldn't be apology flowers. And it was far more than "I just stopped by Whole Foods and got these pretty flowers" that Paul brings home every once in a blue moon. I notice there's a card and let me tell you - I was blown away...My sweet, wonderful, thoughtful and incredibly generous PTA board ladies sent me this bouquet and sweetest note. I think I've said how much I love those girls and seriously I do. They make the PTA fun and eventful (in a good way) and easy and I'm delighted to work with them again. It just made my day and they still smell so fragrant and lovely and I'm so spoiled.

The girls had a great friend spend the night last night. So everyone was up late. Again. We had church this morning, lunch to return our friend and then Emma had dance team auditions for a musical she's doing at church. And then we went to our friends to celebrate their daughter's baptism. They also have 4 kids (3 of their kids are the exact ages of 3 of ours) and we all had a blast. It was a wonderful reason to celebrate and it was really fun for the kids. And they were all completely exhausted by the time we got home.

Thankfully the kids fell asleep pretty easy tonight. It's going to be a big week - last 4 days of school, field day, swim meet, Lily's birthday and swim team awards night. But then...then...vacation!!!

No comments: