3.31.2009

The Holy Mother

I was at Walmart last night searching for a book to give to Lily's teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week. As I was searching the book aisle I come across this:

Yes..it's a Mary, Mother of Jesus doll. Its about the size of a Barbie doll. Seriously. It made me laugh. Out loud. In Walmart. So, I pick it up to inspect it a little closer....

And discover that she recites scripture with the press of a button! Oh my!

I guess this is a good time of year to introduce a Mary doll since Easter is coming up. I do have a few questions though: Do you think Mary's robes come off? Do they sell coordinating accessories for her? Where is the Jesus doll? Or the Joseph doll? Do they also have donkeys or a Mary Dream Home to go with the Mary doll? Sadly I couldn't find anything else in this toy line at my Walmart. I guess I would almost expect this type of toy at a Christian bookstore but at Walmart? It just cracked me up...

2 comments:

Jules said...

LOVE IT! What's underneath Mary's robes? Does Mary wear PANTIES???

Amy said...

We have an action figure Jesus...he's part of the Christmas decorations for some reason. There was a point when one of the wise men's heads had come off and he held it in the manager...I know...I'm going straight to hell. I love Mary...hilarious!