3.24.2009

Open Letter to Spring

Dear Spring,
My children have been very excited about your arrival. Apparently to them you bring warm weather which means short sleeves, flip flops and skirts without tights. They knew you officially arrived last Friday. So every morning since they have been begging me to wear attire for warm weather. Emma literally burst out in tears this morning when I told her she had to wear long sleeves and pants since it's still 45 degrees at 1:41pm!! So, Spring...where are you? Where are the 70 degree days you usually bring? Where are the warm breezes and sun? Could you please make a lengthy appearance soon. I am really tired of battling my children about clothes in the morning and I am really missing warm weather. We need to be able to play outside for long periods of time. Please come and stay. Please. I'm begging.

2 comments:

Gagi and the Grandkids said...

I'm with Emma! I am tired of wearing boots and sweaters...give me my flip flops! I was at UNC Wilmington yesterday and not sure they have any other shoes??

Our4GreatKids said...

You are funny. I am with you... mostly b/c I am sick and tired of washing a zillion little socks every week (which, fortunately, my children have learned to fold!)... as I am sure you are, too!!