3.17.2009

You Say It's Your Birthday

So Emma turned 6 while we were at Disney. We didn't necessarily plan to celebrate her birthday there - it just so happened that the best week for us to go coincided with her birthday. (We kept reiterating that fact all week as to not let my other 3 kids think they too got to go to Disney for their birthdays.) The fact that Disney has the birthday/celebration promotion going was a bonus. I had told them when we made the reservation that Emma would be turning 6 during our stay. Upon check-in they gave Emma an "It's My Birthday" badge. I didn't think would care too much about it but, I could not have been more wrong. She LOVED that badge. She put it on that instant and didn't take it off the rest of the trip. In fact, I am surprised it's still not on. Everywhere we went Disney Cast Members were wishing her happy birthday. She got tons of free stuff because of it - stickers, pins and cupcakes at every table service meal we had. I think we sung to her about 5 times during the week. She also made a point to show every character her badge so they too would make a fuss at her. I don't think there was a person at Disney that we encountered whom Emma didn't let know it was her birthday. My little drama princess...milking the birthday goodness as much as she could...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Remember on the last day...how we didn't even sing Happy Birthday?? Poor girl! She didn't seem to mind, though, because she had yet another cupcake!

Gagi and the Grandkids said...

By the way she is still celebrating...we had to celebrate again yesterday when she went to work with me!! Stitch gave her a leaf for her birthday!