11.01.2008

Trick or Treat

We had a really fun Halloween. My mom and mother in law came over. We had pizza for dinner then Paul and I took the girls out for trick or treating. Usually Paul takes the kids out and I stay home handing out candy. But this year my mom was in town so I asked her to come over and hand out candy so I could go out with the fam. My mother in law came over too to get her some Jacob cuddle time so we could leave him at home. Neither of my older girls wore the costumes we'd bought for Halloween. Whatever. Emma decided to be a fairy and Lily Sleeping Beauty. They looked super cute. We hooked up with the girls BFF's Vanya & Meri and we headed out. The girls were literally running from house to house. I can't tell you how many times we had to yell at them to wait so we could catch up. We had Julia in the stroller and she just enjoyed the ride. We also brought along extra bags for when the candy got too heavy for the kids to carry. Emma dumped her bag several times but not Lily. Oh no..Lily, my hoarder, would not give up any of her candy. Paul must have asked her a 100 times if she wanted to dump her bag but she would not. I think she was afraid some might get missing. It was so funny. She was exactly the same way last year. I ended up leaving them to come back home to feed Jacob but Paul said finally by the end of the night Lily let him help her carry the bag. She, however, was not letting go of the bag. At all. We all got home and the girls sifted through their candy. While the girls were going through their candy Julia kept sneaking pieces of it. Every time we turned around she had something else in her mouth. It was hysterical. Overall they got a ton of candy..Paul and I took our favorites and slowly I'll take some of their candy away and let Paul take it to work. It was a great night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, how I miss those days. The girls ( and Jacob ) look sooooo cute in their costumes. We just sat outside and passed out candy and talked with all the neighborhood little ones.

Nana Cheryl

Erin said...

so.stinkin.cute. I can't believe my mom leaves comments on your blog but NEVER leaves them on mine!