11.16.2008

Lazy Weekend

Paul is working his last weekend at Dick's this weekend and we've really had nothing to do..which has been good and bad. It's been nice not to have to do anything or really be anywhere (except for girl scouts this afternoon) but the kids get a little nuts when they are inside so much. We did get outside yesterday to enjoy the nice temperatures while it was sunny. We went to church last night so Paul could go with us. Josh Hamilton was a guest and if you don't know who he is google him. He has a really inspiring story of how he overcame drug addiction and is now a great MLB player.

The kids did some cute things this weekend..Emma volunteered to change Julia's dirty diaper this morning. I told her to go for it..she used about a box of wipes then couldn't get Julia's pants back on but all in all she did a pretty good job. I think I'll be calling on her again! Also, the girls found worms in the driveway yesterday and proceeded to pick them up, name them and play family with them. That's right..I said worms...so gross to me but not Emma. She was all about picking them up. Lily, on the other hand, was a little timid about it at first and squealed like crazy when she finally did pick one up and it moved in her hand. Guess my girls aren't as girly as I thought.

In other news I'm having a bit of a breastfeeding crisis. It's just not going as well this time around. I'll spare you the details but it's very painful and I don't know how much longer I can take it. I'm trying but oh..it's hard. I'm having all sorts of guilt issues about it which I'll save for another post...

Off to take Emma to girl scouts and do a couple errands..trying to get a head start on my Christmas shopping while my sister in law is here to help with the little ones.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I'm sending you happy breast-feeding thoughts! It's great when it works and stinks when it doesn't. Do what's best for YOU (I really hold to the thought, "if Mama's not happy ain't nobody happy") and no guilt about your decision either way. Take care of Mama!!

mythreesons said...

i know the feeling. with each kid, breastfeeding got harder and harder.
with the last, i only lasted 1 month.
it was terribly painful (ill spare the details), despite going to 2 lactation consultants, etc... i had to quit.
i felt soooooo incredibly guilty to stop, but ill tell you that it was the BEST thing for our family. you are such a trooper for doing what you have! and your son is better for it. but do what you need to do to create peace in your family. youve done such a good job this far. be proud of yourself!!!!!