11.08.2008

Out of Africa

I've been wanting to take the kids to the zoo for a long time but we could never find the right day. With the beautiful, warm weather we've been having I thought this would be a good week to go..the leaves are so beautiful right now and it's been so warm. I wanted to take Emma out of school for the day on Friday but Paul wouldn't hear of that but, I did convince him to let me check her out early. So, after lunch I checked her out and we headed to the zoo.

Well..that was the plan..we actually got delayed by an hour because Paul was dealing with the Walmart job offer stuff. So, we finally hit the road and got to the zoo about 2 1/2 hours before they closed.

It's been years and years since I've been to the NC Zoo. I had heard the Africa side was better so I wanted to park there. Unfortunately the lot was closed so we parked at North America. I told Paul we should take the tram to Africa and he said lets just walk. So, we had no idea how big it was or how far you had to walk to get to Africa! We saw a bunch of animals in North America and finally got smart and hopped the bus to the Africa side. The Africa side, in my opinion is much better. We loved seeing the elephants, zebras and giraffes. Lily was wearing a giraffe shirt and she kept saying she wanted to show the giraffes her shirt.

Since we didn't have much time it was a whirlwind trip but we enjoyed it. Hopefully we can go back in the Spring and see more!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Good grief - your girls get cuter every time I see them. I swear you look like a sitcom family.

Side note: it's not every day you can WALK to Africa, you know! Usually it involves some swimming, I think...

Our4GreatKids said...

Glad you were able to go... looks like it was a beautiful day! Can't believe to hear the news about Walmart... that was a shocker! Good luck to Paul!