11.13.2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


I had a great birthday thanks to my wonderful husband. He's still in a good mood (despite injuring his knee on Saturday in flag football game) from his new job so my birthday came at a good time! The day started off well when Jacob slept for 6 hours. It's amazing how much good a long stretch of sleep can do for you. It's also amazing that I'm calling 6 hours a long stretch of sleep...

After we dropped Emma off at school we went out to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Got to do some baking in the afternoon while Paul napped with Jacob. Paul picked up Emma from school and then surprised me with a Whole Foods birthday cake. You may recall that I love, love birthday cake, especially birthday cake from Whole Foods (he got the same cake after Jacob was born). That's a picture of my cake..doesn't it look delicious?? My mom came over to sit with the kids..all of them..and Paul took me to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner. Yummy!! It was such a nice time.

Oh, and for my gift, which was totally unexpected, they gave me a handheld Dyson vacuum!! I have been wanting one for eons mostly because I'm lazy and hate using the big Dyson to do the stairs. Plus my kids are so darn messy that I need a good handheld for quick clean ups. My new handheld is in pink to match it's big sister my upright Dyson..also in pink. I feel so lucky!

No comments: