11.29.2008

The Great Plate Fiasco



OMG..this morning I went to fix Lily a bowl of cereal. So I go to open the cabinet that contains the bowls and all of a sudden it started raining plates and all I hear is crashing. It took me a minute to digest what was happening...the top shelf somehow came loose in the night so when I opened the cabinet everything on the top shelf came crashing down. Thankfully not much was up there - just 12 coffee cups (from our everyday dishes) and some pasta bowls. So, not dishes we use often. However, they made quite a mess and scratched up some other dishes (and my floors!) on the way down. It was crazy!

I screamed as the mayhiem was ensuing and the girls got upset and ran up to tell Paul who was in the shower. They ran up the stairs screaming "Mommy broke the dishes! Mommy broke the dishes!!" So Paul runs out of the shower, shampoo in his hair, thinking I'm hurt or something and comes down to see the mess. Thankfully I was fine and wasn't holding the baby or anything.

Sadly there were no survivors. There was one cup that stayed pretty much intact except for a couple chips but Paul said we didn't need to keep it. Everything else was destroyed. Good thing we never use those cups! Check out the pics:



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you take pictures of everything. Who does that? I read your blog daily and am disappointed when there's no posting. The blog and Erin's updates keep me laughing. Looking forward to Paul staying with us.
Nana Cheryl