8.25.2011

Kid Free Weekend

I so meant to post this early in the week but being gone for 3 1/2 days has put me behind about 3 1/2 days so here we are..Thursday and I'm just getting around to this. When we last left off I was on a plane with a 7 year old and a grandma. I'm happy to report all ended well and the 7 year old was safely reunited with her mother and I'm assuming grandma made it to her daughter. I'm sure hoping the daughter had the "pepsi and pack of cigarettes" waiting for momma cause by the time the plane landed she was ready.

Nana Cheryl and Curtie picked me up at the airport and we headed for Erin's house where she had a delicious lunch prepared for us. I didn't have to fix anyone's plate. Or cut anyone's food. Or get up while I was eating to fix a drink. It's the little things people. We mostly just hung out at E's house Friday. She had the Geek Squad coming over to fix up her wireless network. I was all like "I can be a geek squad..I set up my router with no issues I'm sure I can do yours." Ha. We needed the Geek Squad. Apparently though we got the B Team Geek Squad because she ended up on the phone with the A Team Geek Squad nearly the entire FOUR hours she was working. She kept calling "him" her secret weapon. I was thinking more like her only weapon. Whatever..it finally got fixed and Erin is now happily web-surfing from her couch in the bonus room. We went out for sushi (!) that night and chilled. It's not every day I get up at 5:15am to get on a plane. And travel to Tampa to get to Columbus.

Saturday I got to sleep in (!) and the lazily get ready for the Wedding Shower, which was the whole reason I was in town. E had another friend, Jenna who came into town Saturday morning too for the shower. She was fun and had just seen Britney Spears the night before. She loves Jersey Shore. I knew we'd get along famously. The shower was hosted by Erin's old babysitter and her sister. It was a lovely event and I got to meet some people I've heard a lot about over the years but never actually met. Her mom helped with the decorations and Nana Cheryl is no crafty joke - her table centerpieces were adorable! The cake was OH. MY. GOODNESS. Good. Like if I never eat another cake in my life it's okay because this one was so good good. Fortunately the same baker doing E's wedding cake so we do get to eat it again. She got lots of nice gifts and a lovely time was had by all. We got sent home with loads of food and cake so the plan was to chill at home Saturday night and catch up on Jersey Shore. I know..such a wild and crazy time. There may or may not have been adult beverages consumed as well.

Sunday was another sleep in day (!). Oh the loveliness of getting up when you want. E made us a yummy breakfast casserole and I felt like royalty - sleeping in and breakfast prepared for me? Yes please! We ended up going to see The Help and having lunch with another Bridesmaid and super cool friend of Erin's Mandy. And we went to DSW to try to look for shoes for the wedding. Nana Cheryl and Curtie came to have dinner with us and then E and I went out to Target where I got to look at anything I wanted without bribing anyone to stop touching things they shouldn't. It was blissful. I had to get up at 5:15 to catch the flight home so no wild and crazy partying going on but we did stumble upon a gem of a show: Big Easy Weddings. It's about a wedding chapel in New Orleans and it did not disappoint. The 3 featured stories included a mother running into the wedding shouting "you can't marry her she's your cousin.", a couple who got married in their trailer park and wanted the wedding cake to be in the shape of a female body part and a pub crawl wedding. No..I am not lying.

All in all a super fun and totally relaxing weekend. I am VERY thankful to my husband for holding down the fort at home while I was. He even did some laundry. I know...he's a saint. He even got Jacob transitioned to a bed and worked on potty training. He's a good man. I'm pretty darn lucky.

No comments: