8.11.2011

Thank Goodness We Were the Only Ones There

It's FINALLY not 100 degrees outside so we took the rare opportunity to go the park this morning with some dear friends that have been on vacation and are finally back. She is also a mother of 4 including one very active 4 year old boy. One thing I learned early on in my motherhood that boys enjoy peeing outside. I have a friend in MA who's son would pee everywhere outside (sorry L but that's one I thing I won't forget about J) including the front yard, the park, etc. And my friends son is no different. Which bring us to today. We're at the park and most thankfully it's just us and our 6 kids at the park. Her sweet 2 year old had a potty accident which naturally sparked a potty conversation. Her son decided he also needed to go and promptly walked over the fence and "peed in the garden." (She said he's picked up some British words including calling all yards type areas gardens - I find that hysterical). Jacob thought this was hilarious. He kept laughing. And then. Then I noticed Jacobs diaper lying on the ground. I get up from the bench and I see him, with his pants pulled down "peeing in the garden." I couldn't decide whether I needed to scold him or praise him for actually trying not to pee in his diaper. Geez....As I relayed the story to my husband via text. He sends back this: Thats my boy. Seriously?

No comments: