8.05.2011

In Which I Almost Have A Heart Attack

This morning began like any typical school morning. Kids getting dressed, eating breakfast, getting school stuff ready. All was going just swimmingly until I heard this: "Mom..you gotta get upstairs. NOW. Jacob has scissors in his head." Wha..Wha..WHAT?? I'm thinking as I dash upstairs all the while thinking how loud to I have to yell so that my neighbor will call 911 for me. Thankfully when I get upstairs I see Jacob with scissors IN his hair. As in tangled in his hair. Apparently he thought he needed a haircut. OH. MY. GRACIOUS. HE. IS. GOING. TO. BE. THE. END. OF. ME.

Rewind a few minutes...Jacob goes upstairs. I figured he was just getting something for his pockets. You know how he is. He's quiet for a minute which is not extremely unusual. Then I hear him start to cry. Again, not extremely unusual and not blood curling screams..just cries. After a minute or two (or five) I send Lily up to investigate (I know..mother of year) which brings us to : "Mom...you gotta get upstairs. NOW. Jacob has scissors in his head." Apparently Jacob had decided while he was eating breakfast (?) that he needed a haircut. So...he went upstairs to my bathroom and got Paul's clipper set from underneath the bathroom counter. He found the scissors and put them up to his hair to try to cut it. Thankfully (oh so very, very thankfully) he doesn't know how to use scissors and they got caught in his hair before any damage was done. Seriously all this happened in about 5 minutes. I guess Paul needs to cut his hair this weekend. And...so very, very thankful....at least he didn't try to cut his sisters hair. I hope I make it to his 3rd birthday.


No comments: