8.03.2011

So Ready

It was a tough day for my sweet 4 year old. Her sisters started school on Monday so she's been feeling a little lonely for a couple days. And then today, our precious neighbor started Kindergarten which was apparently devastating to Julia. She sobbed all morning because she didn't get to go to Kindergarten and she didn't get to ride the bus. And then she wailed all afternoon in true Potter-girl dramatic fashion about why wasn't she old enough to go Kindergarten and when would preschool ever start again. "What day mommy, what exact day am I ever going to school??" "I am ready to go to school Mommy."

Bless her heart. I'm ready too. This is the preschool break that will not end. Perhaps its the anticipation that Jacob starts too which is dragging out this summer vacation business. Or perhaps it's that preschool ended, the girls still had a month of school, they had their month off and now they are back in school and preschool is still out. I'm really not trying to rush it - once preschool starts it seems like the fall goes by in the blink of an eye and that I don't want to rush it. I think we're just starting to get a little tired of each other and it's just been too darn hot to be outside.

I dd feel a little sorry for my girl today though and I'm sure preschool will be here before we know it. And when she's in middle school waking up at the crack of dawn every day I'm going to remind her how she couldn't wait to start school.


No comments: