9.01.2011

Meet the Teacher

We've been waiting weeks for today. Weeks I tell you. I've heard this question at least 3 times a week since August 1: "But when do I start school? When? When?" To say that Julia is a little bit ready to start preschool would be an understatement. So..today was finally Meet the Teacher day. And as long as it felt like we were off for the summer walking into the preschool building today felt like we've only had a week off! We've been at our preschool going on 5 years and it just feels like home. It was nice to see so many familiar faces.

Our first session was meeting Jacob's teachers. We have one teacher that's new to us and the assistant teacher is one Emma had. He seemed pretty excited to be going to school and on the way he asked me "are you going bye bye Mommy?". I couldn't tell whether he was happy or disappointed when I said no..not today. He walked right into the classroom and right up to his teacher and gave her a hug. All on his own. Heart melted...mine and his teachers. I think he won her over right then. She seems wonderful and I know we are going to be blessed to have them as his teachers. His assistant teacher is a mother to 2 boys. Perfect.

We then went to the 4 year old hallway to meet Julia's teachers. Julias teachers are new teachers for us but her lead teacher was a parent of a child in Lily's 3 year old class (and a Disney client) and her assistant and I were in a Bible Study together. It's nice to have some history with the teachers. I was pretty impressed with all the information sent home and I really feel like Julia will be prepared for Kindergarten when she finishes this year.

So...a long weekend and then it's on!! Julia, Jacob and I are all pretty excited about Tuesday!!!

Here we go!!

No comments: