6.02.2010

Museum + Locopops = Big Fun!

Our great friends invited Jacob, Julia & I to go to the Museum of Life & Science today. They are members so we got in free (bonus!) so of course I was in. Now that preschool is out I want to do some fun things with my littlest ones while the big girls are still in school. Erin & I loaded up all the kids and strollers and headed to the museum. The MLS is a great museum...lots of activities to fit any age group. We especially love the outside activities and since it wasn't too hot this morning and overcast we headed straight outside to start our adventure. I hadn't been to the MLS since they added the Dinosaur Trail which was a really neat addition. It was a little too wet for fossil digging but that will definitely be something we do next time. Jacob did awesome riding in the stroller with his girlfriend Quinn while the bigger kids got lots of energy out running ahead and checking out all the animals. We had a nice lunch (thanks to my uber prepared friend) and hit the playground before heading out. Jacob, of course, was everywhere when he was out of the stroller...eating sand and generally running everywhere. Our friend Riley (5) summed him up perfectly: "He's little but he's fast." Um..yeah..tell me about it!

Erin and her kids hadn't been to Locopops so we decided Popsicle treats were definitely on the agenda after a sticky morning outside. We surprised ourselves and found Locopops fairly easily and enjoyed some yummy Popsicles before heading home for naps.

A super fun summer day! I'm so thankful that several of our friends have memberships to the MLS..we can't wait to go again!

No comments: