6.24.2010

Crafty Birthday

Lily turns 6 in a week. I can hardly believe it! At first she wanted to go to Great Wolf Lodge for her birthday but changed her mind and decided she wanted a party. She insisted that after 3 years of pool parties she wanted to do something different this year (much to my dismay). So I searched for a great party location since I am really over doing them at my house. I'm also over paying a gillion dollars for a party too so this was a challenge. I found out that Michaels did parties and since Lily is my arts and crafty girl I thought this would be a good fit for her. We went up to Michaels about a month ago and she checked it out and decided she'd like her party there. She decided to have the girls make storage boxes, for their silly bandz of course. The only problem (though not so much to me) was that there is a strict limit of 10 kids. So worked hard on her birthday list and sadly there just wasn't room for everyone...of course if people would actually RSVP for parties (see previous post) then perhaps we could have included a few more friends but that's a whole other rant.

The party was last weekend (we had it early due to some beach plans that have since been postponed to July). We had 8 girls total which was perfect! The only issue was that Michaels had some communication mix up and they weren't entirely (or at all) prepared for our party. Once we got that all straightened out we got the girls engaged in their craft. All in all I thought it went well and most importantly Lily had a great time. This was the first non home party she's had and she loved it.

Her actual birthday is June 30 so I am sure we'll have several more birthday celebrations -there can never be too many!

Here are a few pictures:

No comments: