6.17.2010

Craftapoolza!

Otherwise known as Girl Scout Day Camp. This is where my darling 2 Girl Scouts are hanging out this week. Honestly some of the best money I ever spent ($85 for mostly full day camp!) The only drawbacks are a: it's on the other side of planet so we've spent a ton of time in the car this week and b: I'm still packing lunches..but not tomorrow (yay!). The girls are having a most fabulous time despite the ridiculous (for June) heat & humidity..the camp is all outdoors...God Bless those leaders.

The craft making is unreal. And let me again thank God there are people willing to do such great crafts with my kids as it's not really my game (don't judge - not all stay at home moms love crafts. I mean I'll break out a rainy day or seasonal craft but consistently - not so much). So far this week they've come home with: bookends, magic wands, bookmarks, slime, sidewalk chalk (which I didn't even know was do-it-yourself), crowns, picture frames and journals. I think there are even some crafts that they've yet to bring home. Needless to say it's a little overwhelming but they are so proud of them and happy about making them. I'm thrilled they are having a great time. Emma keeps asking when she can go again. So cute and I'm hoping that all the crafting will hold them over until Girl Scouts starts again.

No comments: