6.08.2010

Channeling My Inner Martha

I feel like I'm always in search of teacher gifts...between Christmas, Teacher Appreciation and the End of Year it seems a teacher gift giving occasion is always upon us. I have a lot of kids and therefore a lot of teachers. Between elementary school, preschool, church, AWANA, Girl Scouts and Dance it's a lot of people so I'm often looking for economical yet cute things. I know teachers love gift cards but sometimes that too can add up and just isn't economical enough. I've turned to etsy.com to most of my teacher shopping. Cute! Homemade! Affordable!

Often as I'm looking on etsy I think "I can make that." Then I think about the effort required and I decide it's easier to just buy it. Sometimes though I think "I can really do that." And then I tell Paul. And he rolls his eyes. But I persevere proceed to actually get the supplies and make it. As with this year's Teacher End of Year Gift. And with that I present The Gift:

Chalkboard Flower Pot. This one was for the AWANA leaders. The card read: Thank you for planting the seeds of faith and love. Love, Emma & Lily Potter. This craft was surprising cheap & easy to make. And I now have enough chalkboard paint to do lots of other crafty things. A big bonus was that the kids could help paint and decorate the pots. I loved that they were part of what they were giving to their teachers. I know it's probably not as good as a giftcard but I hope the teachers will enjoy them and know that they were made with love!

1 comment:

Shel said...

Adorable! And I love the message on the card, so perfect! Enjoy that chalkboard paint. It's the best!