7.28.2009

Blasted Kohls

I have such a love/hate relationship with Kohls. Today it's much more hate and not so much love. I always think I'm going to find something I love at Kohl's at The Biggest Sale of the Season! Every week! But, I often find myself irritated with some part of my shopping experience and vowing not to return. But I always do.

So today I pick the girls up from school and we continue our Quest for Lily's New Comforter. First up is Homegoods, where despite the dirty/sympathetic looks I got from people for dragging 4 kids around Homegoods, we have a nice, peaceful shopping experience but no comforter. So, I think...Kohls is around the corner...let's stop there. The kids not so excited but whatever I've promised The Pool after dinner if they are good. This Kohl's happens to be our fancy schmancy store that's multi-level (this very important detail will matter in a second) and of course the home department is upstairs. Kohls does win points with me for having a double stroller-cart available at the front door. I load the little ones in the stroller-cart and we head for the elevator (which earns points from the girls). We press the button and the elevator comes right way. Yes! And up we go. The door opens and good grief, there are tons of abandoned carts in front of the elevator doors. How rude! Like so many the girls have to go push them out of the way. So we get through that obstacle course and head over to the bedding. We're doing fine and even find a bed set that suits Miss (picky) Lily....i.e. it has enough pink. So we go back to the elevator to go down and pay for our goods. The button is already pressed so we wait. And wait. And wait. No elevator comes. Finally we see a guy who works there. I ask about the elevator. He gets on his walkie-talkie and says oh, the elevator is broken and rest assured, the manager knows. I replied that we just came up the elevator 10 minutes ago. He said that yes, it brings people up and goes back down but it won't come up for people on the second floor. Lightbulb - this is why there were so many abandoned carts at the top of the elevator. So...I'm stuck on the 2nd floor with 2 walking kids and 2 in a stroller-cart. (Thank goodness it wasn't my double stroller or I'd have been really ticked off ) Seriously, would it have killed them to put up a freaking sign? Especially since "the manager knows the problem." How many people, with little kids, got stuck like me. Argh! So I leave my bedding, pick up Jacob and Julia and head down the escalator. I just couldn't phyiscally carry everything down the elevator. Kohls was so not getting my business. And as we head to doors I realized it's pouring, absolutely pouring outside..great...just my freaking luck.

No comments: