7.31.2011

Twas the Night Before School Started

I originally posted this poem 3 short years ago when Emma first started Kindergarten. Tomorrow she starts 3rd Grade. 3rd Grade. 333rrrddd Grade. Pinch me because, seriously, how is that possible?? 3rd Grade means desks, EOG's (end of grade testing), multiplication and cursive. Oh. My. Goodness. Where does time go?? And. Lily? She starts 2nd grade. Which means, sniff, that I don't even have a kid down the K/1 hallway at school this year..sniff...sniff.

Emma is super excited to finally be starting school tomorrow - you'd think she's been out for 4 months instead of 4 weeks. Lily, on the other hand, would be thrilled with 4 more weeks of vacation. But..I know they'll be excited to go in the morning and see their new teachers and reconnect with friends.

So...big day tomorrow for 2 of my kids...and since tomorrow is August 1 it means only 4 more weeks until the other 2 start preschool. Catch that - other 2 start preschool - as in both Julia and Jacob....where oh where does time go??




No comments: