7.29.2011

Under the Sea

Emma and Lily have spent their last week of summer vacation at a music/arts camp at our church. I was thrilled when I first heard about this camp and knew I wanted to sign them up. They'd go learn about God, do arts and crafts, games and learn a musical that they'll be performing at the weekend services. Sounded like VBS with a little more. Sign us up. I was even more thrilled when I found out that if I volunteered to help at the weekend services we'd get a discount. I need to be there anyway for the kids so might as well help. The camp was for rising 2nd thru 6th graders and a few weeks before the camp they held auditions for actors, singers and a dance team. Emma was thrilled about auditioning for the dance team. The auditions were very professional - I mean each kid got a head shot taken. Emma was thrilled to find out a couple weeks later that she made the dance team! Needless to say she's been looking forward to camp for weeks. Lily, on the other hand, was a little more hesitant about it. Her bff was going to do the camp with her but at the last minute her plans changed so I think she was a little nervous about going.

Camp has turned out to be more than I expected! The girls have had a wonderful time. Each day that I've picked them up they've had huge smiles on their faces and they have only wonderful things to say about their day. I'm so thankful!! Today they had a long day of camp and a full dress rehearsal. They are both so excited about their performances this weekend! I know I can't wait to see it! Should be a very fun weekend!

No comments: