7.25.2011

My IronKid

Iron-kids ath-lete (noun): an athletic rock-star who has fun while swimming, biking and running

Swim 50 yards, Bike 2 miles, Run 500 yards. That was how one of my girls spent her Sunday morning. Did I mention she's 7! And..she just started riding a 2 wheeler in April. Seriously this kid rocks and inspires me so. She's so cool.

I can not describe how proud I am of her. She had a great time at the triathlon and that's whats most important. She totally rocked her swim - coming in 3rd in her age group and totally killed the run - coming in 2nd in her age group and 12th overall for all the Juniors (ages 6 - 8). For a kid who's only been riding a 2 wheeler for a few months she did awesome on the bike too. I mean, just to have the courage and confidence to compete - wow...just wow. It helped that 2 of her friends were competing too - I think that just added to the fun. She's hooked on races now and can't wait to do another tri. The 8 year old was beside herself that she didn't compete so watch out - we'll have two Ironkids next year!




No comments: