7.07.2011

Summer Reading List

Summer's here and I always have a burning desire to read during the summer. So..I'm sharing my list - what I've just read and what's on my bookshelf. What about you? What are you reading??

Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me - I love Chelsea Handler. She just cracks me up. This book cracked me up too. I can't believe the crap she tells people that they believe. No wonder she's done so well for herself.

The Hunger Games Trilogy - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. Love it...I read the first book in about a day. Same for the second and thankfully my very intuitive neighbor brought me the 3rd book as I was literally on the last page of the 2nd book. It's a young adult book and very, very good.

Dead Reckoning - The latest Sookie Stackhouse book..this is the books True Blood is based on. I love this series.

Smokin Seventeen - The latest Stephanie Plum book - I'm like 500th on the waiting list from the library. I love Stephanie (and Morelli) (and Ranger) so I'm looking forward to her newest adventure

Holidays on Ice - This David Sedaris book is my book club pick. I hear he's super funny and it's a short book. Perfect when you have 4 kids running around the house all day.

Heaven is for Real - I heard an interview with this family on the radio and I'm fascinated to read this book.

Sisterhood Everlasting - This is the next book in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series by Ann Brashares. I know it's for teens but I loved the series.

Then Came You - Jennifer Weiner's newest book. It's not out until next week but I love her and can't wait t read this book.

Sarah's Key - My bff recommended this book and she has great taste so it's on my t0-read list

If You Were Here - I read this about a month ago -and then I won a copy of it in a random blog giveaway! This book is Jen Lancaster's first foray into fiction and it does not disappoint. I am a HUGE Jen Lancaster fan so it would be hard to disappoint me but I laughed out loud while reading this book. A lot.

The First Husband - and speaking of Jen Lancaster, she recommended this book on her blog so it's on my list.

Stories I Only Tell My Friends - Rob Lowe's autobiography. Enough said.

Bossypants - Tina Fey. I hear it's hysterical.

Your turn..what else should I read?

1 comment:

Shel said...

Awesome list, Lori! Lots on it that I need to add to my "to be read" list! Looking forward to Sisterhood Everlasting and Bossypants the most I think. I am love, love, loving "The Help"! I cannot recommend this book enough and I have only just finished chapter 8! Everyone should own a hardcopy of this book as it is destin to become a classic!