8.22.2009

OMG Pie

Paul & I first had "The Pie" right after Emma was born. Our Sunday school teachers brought us a meal and for dessert she brought this fabulous pie that we couldn't stop talking about. We raved about it so much that she brought us another one a few weeks later. God Bless her.

We couldn't forget The Pie. Paul and I would reminisce about the goodness of The Pie. I longed for the recipe but didn't have it and you know google wasn't so popular back then. Fast forward a year and a half and I was pregnant with Lily, living in MA. My 2 besties came to visit and one brought with her "The Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook." And would you believe the recipe for The Pie was in there! So we made it while they were visiting and Oh! My! Goodness! We all loved, loved The Pie.

For awhile every time my BFF visited she requested The Pie and so I'd happily make it for her. But it's been some time since it's been requested and so I haven't made it in forever. I hosted bunco this week and I was looking for a good dessert recipe when I remembered The Pie. I thought, yes, I'll make it. And Oh! My! Goodness! It was So! Good! Just as I remembered...creamy, nutty, oh so yummy. So, dear friends I want to share the recipe with you. It's easy and super yummy..just please don't think about the calorie content, 'kay.

OMG Pie - makes 2 pies

1/2 stick of butter
coconut - about 7oz or half a big bag
pecans - about 1/2 or so - more if you love 'em
2 pie shells - any kind
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 block of cream cheese
16 oz of cool whip
12 oz. caramel sauce

Melt your butter and spread out your coconut and pecans on a cookie sheet. Toast in oven - I think I do about 400 for about 10 min or until coconut gets nice and pretty brown. Mix together the cream cheese and the sweetened condensed milk until nice and smooth. Add in the whipped cream. Wait for the pecan/coconut mixture to cool a little before you move on to assembling the pie. Pour 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture into the bottom of each pie shell. Top each with a 1/4 of the coconut mixture and drizzle caramel sauce on top. Then top with more cream cheese mixture and the remainder of the coconut mixture. Freeze until ready to serve.

That's it my friends, simple, easy and while your hips may never forgive you your friends will love you!

No comments: