8.08.2009

The Mall & Tax Free Weekend..

go together like oil & water. Or maybe it's me + the mall + tax free weekend that go together like oil and water. I had a total brain lapse and thought it would be fun to go fall clothes shopping at the mall today with big girls. It's tax free weekend here and apparently everyone in the greater triangle area was so desperate to save a whopping 7% that they too thought it would be fun to go shopping at the mall. I should have turned around when I saw the number of cars leaving the mall but since Emma had remarked to me that "I just like clothes that come from the mall" and I was armed with coupons from Gymboree and The Children's Place I soldiered on. 15 minutes and 1 crappy mid level parking lot deck spot later we got into the mall. I kid you not there was a line outside the Apple store - about 20 people deep - they had bouncers watching the door telling people when they could go in. I guess since Macs never go on sale saving 7% is a good deal but good grief. A line. In August. Seriously?

To make a long story short we got Emma a couple shirts and skirts and that's about it. The mall was really crowded and it just wasn't that fun. Plus we were really looking for pants and long sleeves and there really wasn't much of that where we went Turns out Emma has a lot (A LOT) to say about what she wears but she really doesn't like shopping for clothes. She just wanted to watch the movies at Gymboree and Crazy 8. We had better luck at Walmart where we got some pants. I never dreamed my 6 year old would be so picky about what she wears. She certainly has her own ideas of what she likes and how she likes it to fit/feel. I can't begin to imagine what the teen years hold for us..nor do I want to. Thank goodness Lily isn't quite as picky and Julia doesn't care. Yet.

No comments: