6.01.2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

How is it really Monday again? The weekends go so fast. This is a "short" week for us though as Emma only has 2 more days of school! Wa-hoo! I am looking forward to a little break (please remind me of this sentiment next week when the children are driving me mad). On the agenda for track out: Potty Training - oh the joy! More on that later...So, 2 more afternoon carpool lines, 1 more drop off and then a 5 week break. Ah....

So it was a good week with the exception of The 35 Minutes of My Life I Will Never Get Back(more on that in a second). Friday night I got to have a girls night out at Scrapmania with my very cool friend Frances. Being around Frances always makes me feel much cooler than I actually am..to be a married mother of 3 she is surprisingly hip, cool and very funny. I got a lot of scrapbooking done too which was a bonus.

Saturday I worked out, took the girls to the pool then went to a Goodbye party for my friend Lauren who is moving to TN. She is also a super cool person who lives around a lot of other super cool people. Most of the folks there were her neighbors and they are tons of fun. The girls had a great time running around and playing. Sadly we had to leave early due to an unnamed baby who needed to go to bed but it was fun time and my friend will surely be missed.

Sunday was church. Then Emma & Paul had a Daisy Daddy/Daughter bowling date & Daisy meeting. We then had a cookout for our church. We got home, got the kids bathed and I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and go grocery shopping for the week. Ha! Why I thought any part of going to Super Walmart on a Sunday night was a good idea I'll never know. I should I have realized the error of my ways when I walked in and the line for the "speedy" checkout was 15 carts deep..I kid you not. I thought for sure by the time I finished my shopping the lines would be cleared up. Wrong! So very Wrong! By the time I was ready to check out at 8:31 (I documented my time) every line (all 4 of them that were open) were back to the clothing areas. There were 9 carts ahead of me in my line. And have you noticed that very few people at Walmart have only a few items in their carts? No, everyone at Walmart has a full cart. Full. So literally it takes me 30 minutes, yes 30 minutes to get to the register. Thankfully my bff was available for chatting during this dreadful time and we got play Guess How Many Tabloids Kate Gosselin is on the Cover of This Week (the answer would be 6!). Speed is not life at Walmart and of course in true fashion I picked the Very Slowest Lane to go through. So finally at 9:06pm - 35 minutes later I get through the line and head home. I walk in the door about 9:20 just as Paul was thinking of calling a search & rescue for me since I'd been gone for so long. But at least my family has food for the week and as my bff put it at least I didn't have 4 kids with me while waiting The Line from Hell.

Hoping you had a great weekend!

No comments: