4.14.2008

They just don't make things they way they used to...

I just need to rant a little about my washing machine. It. still. doesn't. work. Ughhh!! I just want to scream about it. You see when we moved last year my husband talked me into getting this new, fancy washer. It's a Fisher & Paykel - all electronic - this should have been my first clue that something would go wrong. I was unsure but Paul convinced me this was the best thing. So, we shopped and shopped for a new washing machine and found this one that we thought would be good. Fast forward 10 1/2 months and I have a washer full of dirty water and ridicously wet clothes that will be drying until tomorrow that I probably need to rewash. Needless to say I can't get a repair person until Thursday. Four days from now. Seriously. There are only 2 authorized service dealers for our washer in the area. Really, just 2 - I mean I don't live in a small town! So the piling up of the Potter laundry begins. You know I got a Kenmore when I graduated college, had it for 12 years, not one single problem. They just don't make things like they used too. Not at all.

On another note, my heart is breaking for one of my dear friends who just suffered her 2nd miscarriage in 6 months. This is one of the kindest women I have ever met, she just has such a sweet spirit. She and her husband have a beautiful almost 2 year old and are trying to add to their family. My heart and prayers just go out to her as I know this such a rough time. I had a miscarriage between my 2nd and 3rd and it was honestly one of the darkest times of my life. I couldn't fathom how a baby we wanted so badly had died. I'm hopeful my friend can rely on the Lord to get her through this dark time.

1 comment:

Jules said...

I have so been there with the washing machine dilemma! What do you do with a tub full of drenched clothes? It's not like you can really just wring them out?

However, it does put things into perspective when you think about the pain that your friend is going through. Having been there yourself, I know God will use you to minister to her.