4.19.2008

On the Road to Independence...

We've hit 2 exciting milestones recently with my big girls. First, my 5 year old has learned to pump so she can swing herself! Folks, I can not tell you how many hours of my life have been spent pushing that girl in a swing. Ever since she was a baby she loved to swing. She loved to swing in her baby swing at home as an infant then she loved the swings outdoors at the park. And now, thankfully, she has learned to do it herself. Yesterday she actually uttered the words "Mommy, that's enough pushes, I can do it myself" to me! Hallelujah!

Our second exciting milestone is that my older girls will now get up and go watch TV on their own in our bonus room. That may not sound exciting to many of you however, for me, that is pure bliss. You see, I am not a morning person. I love to sleep and having so many children has clearly interfered with that so I have adjusted. I do cherish the few mornings I am able to lounge in bed and take my time getting up and they are few and far between. We really don't let the girls watch very much TV but I'm all for 30 minutes of Playhouse Disney if it will buy me 30 more minutes of peaceful morning sleep. All for it.....

No comments: