5.06.2011

What a week!

Whew...it's been a week. You know those weeks where you have 10 million things to do and remember and places to be. And you are just so thankful when Friday rolls around because even though Saturday is packed with running around at least you don't have to pack lunches. One of those weeks. It's been a fun week. Just busy.

It was Teacher Appreciation Week at our elementary school so we had things to remember to do every day for the teachers. We also "adopted" a non-classroom teacher so we had to remember her each day too. The PTA planned some really fun things for our teachers like breakfast, hand massages, mini-manicures, decorating staff bathrooms, a cinco de mayo party, an Appreciation Squad event and luncheon. It was all tons of fun and I think the teachers really appreciated all we did for them. The Cinco de Mayo party was lots of fun - we served non-alcoholic margaritas in the lounge along with all kinds of chips and salsa. The only complaint I heard was that there was no tequila in the margarita's! Ha! We also had a Volunteer Luncheon where the teachers made food for all the volunteers. They are some good cooks! It was delicious. We also had Kindergarten Orientation last evening so I had to be there to talk for a minute about PTA. It was so cute to see the little ones coming to school next year. I can't believe that next year I will be bringing Julia to the orientation - seems like only yesterday that we took Emma!

A highlight for the week was the Mother's Day Tea at preschool. I look forward to it every year! It's always so, so sweet and Julia was so excited about it. The class sang "You are my Sunshine" to the moms - oh the cuteness!!

And today I had the opportunity to talk to a MOPS group about Disney. It was so much fun! One of my clients invited me and I loved it! They were the nicest group of moms and my kids had a great time in "moppets"!

Tomorrow is a full day of girl scouts and birthday parties but hopefully Sunday will be some rest. I have 3 books I am dying to read and counting on Sunday to at least get to one of them!!


No comments: