5.01.2011

The Royal Wedding!!

Well yall know I was completely obsessed with The Royal Wedding. I happen to love the Royals - it just completely fascinates me - add that to the fact that it was my anniversary TOO and well, let's just say I was super excited to watch it! And it did not disappoint. I loved it, LOVED it, loved it!! Thankfully I found some friends who also were excited to watch and they came over for my Royal Wedding Viewing Party. We had wedding dresses, veils, cocktail dresses, crazy hats and some good eats (and about 20 kids running around). I had dvr'd E's coverage which was pretty good. The kids running around distracted from the wedding some but it was still great to watch. Some of the little girls were really into it and some not so much. Mostly they really wanted to see Kate walk down the aisle and The Kiss. Emma was also fascinated with Pippa who she thought was just as pretty as Kate. She acted like she wasn't all that interested but then told me "you have to save it for Lily to watch." Ha. Saturday I watched the TLC special: The Royal Wedding Encore which I have to say was great. Cut 5 hours of coverage into less than 2...think I'll save that for Lily.

Of course I have lots of thoughts about the wedding:
1. Kate was just stunning, beautiful., flawless, confident, poised, elegant...perfection.
2. William looked completely confident too - not nervous at all.
3. Her parents on the other hand? Looked pretty nervous - with good reason!
4. Pippa - wow - she is gorgeous too. And that dress..wow - whoever her tailor is deserves a raise. And how cute was she with those little flower girls/bridesmaids???
5. How 'bout the pouty flower girl in the carriage - cuteness abounds!
6. Don't you just want to go get a drink with Prince Harry - seriously how fun does he look? And speaking of getting drinks -poor Chelsy- she looked liked she had a big night Thursday.
7. The Hats. The HATS. Interesting is an understatement. The Hats could be it's own show. It's a wonder there were no injuries as a result of a Hat.
8. The Crowd out in front of the palace - wow - it looked liked Times Square at New Years!
9. Those little boys in the same uniform as William - how cute! I totally think my bff should make her fiance and Jacob were that for her wedding!
10. Kate's dress was gorgeous - loved the long sleeves - I expected her to be in something more fitted but I thought her dress looked very "princessy" I bed knock-offs are already in the stores.
Now onto Royal Baby Watch!


No comments: