5.09.2011

Mothers Day

I hope all my wonderful mom friends had an great Mothers Day - full of things you love and people you love! My family had the day very special starting off with Paul making Red Velvet Pancakes for breakfast! Yummy! He makes pancakes most Sunday mornings but he surprised me with Red Velvet ones yesterday. We headed off to church early (the volunteering doesn't end) and afterwards we went to a great lunch at Georgina's. I love that place because a. it has great garlic knots and most importantly b. it's never that busy and I don't have to worry so much about the kids making too much noise. We sat outside, beside another family of 6 so no worries on the loud factor. After we got home Jacob napped and the girls told me to go upstairs where I holed myself in my room reading and watch Mad Men season 3 on DVD. Oh it was lovely! The girls were putting together a special dessert and wanted to surprise me. I was happy to oblige! After nap we went strawberry picking where Jacob keep sneaking off to eat berries. I'm sure there are still some in his pockets. After berry picking we had a pre-dinner treat at The Skinny Dip frozen yogurt - free for moms! Then we went home played outside and Paul grilled steaks for dinner. A great day!!

No comments: