1.31.2011

I Just Have to Share

One of the things that keeps me organized is having a menu/meal plan for the week. I just have to have a plan. I'm so not one of those open the fridge at 5pm to see what I can come up with for dinner. That said one of my least favorite weekly chores is coming up with said plan. And I bet I'm not alone. It's just time consuming to flip through cookbooks and search websites for kid-friendly, fairly easy (I'm no chef) and healthy recipes. And for some reason my family just won't eat the same 7 meals each week. I was recently tweeting about my annoyance with this Sunday chore and one of my tweeps (thankyouverymuch @knoxsarah) suggested I check out e-mealz.com. So, since I was on the 'net anyways I clicked on over. And what did I find? The holy grail of menu planning my friends!! One click and I was in love!!

Let me tell you about this FABULOUS FABULOUS website. You pick a meal plan based on your family's needs - they have general family, couples, low fat, low carb, gluten free, Weight Watchers - old and new points menus to chose from WITH corresponding grocery stores. For example, I chose Weight Watchers new points program Walmart. I click on my menu and viola: a weeks worth of food and a shopping list customized for Walmart right on my screen. People, it's freaking genius! Now, the only catch is that you do have to pay for it - I had a coupon and paid $12.50 for a 3 month subscription. I tell you though - it's Worth. Every. Penny. The plan shows 7 meals and they are designed to feed 6 people - for us that's perfect. I think 7 meals is a bit too many - I do like to go out at least once during the week so I do between 5 and 6 meals depending on what's going on.

So..if you are like me and like having a meal plan but find the planning process draining then check it out. You can click right here. What are you waiting for?

No comments: