1.27.2011

Sick Day

It was bound to happen sooner or later. We haven't had it in awhile. The stomach bug hit our house. It started with Julia on Monday night. Thankfully it moved fast through her. After 48 hours of no one else getting sick I thought we were in the clear. Wrong, so wrong I was. I was sitting at dinner last night when I got The Text. The one that all mommies dread. It went something like this: Emma threw up twice. Ugh. Immediately my thought is "crap, she can't go to school tomorrow" (you see I've had them home for FIVE weeks...they JUST went back to school on Monday). I love my children DEARLY but there has been A LOT of togetherness lately. So I get home and Paul says he's not feeling so great. Emma's comfortable and resting. Great. We go to bed and awaken at 1am with Lily: "mom...I just threw up all over my bathroom floor." She proceeded to be up seemingly every hour getting sick. Poor thing. About 5am Paul tells me he's been sick all night. Stomach Bug Tally: 4 total. Then this morning when I went to get Jacob up I realized that he too had succumbed to the bug. Final tally today: 5.

I'm the lone survivor and praying, hoping, wishing it remains that way! Thankfully the bug seems to be passing quickly. 2 of the kids today are much better and Lily has been able to keep food down today. I've been busying cleaning and Lysoling the house!

No comments: