1.23.2011

Four Years Ago

Four years ago we lived in MA. It was the middle of winter. Paul was working an hour away from our house. I was 40 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child. I had begged and begged my OB to schedule an induction but it just never worked out. Thankfully my mom made the trip up 2 days before. I woke up in the middle of the night with contractions. I debated waking Paul up but decided to wait a little bit. Finally I decided it was time to to start timing the contractions. All of a sudden I heard (felt?) a POP. I got up...figured out it was my water breaking...and ran to the bathroom. I screamed at Paul to call the doctor. He was sleepy and couldn't get the numbers right - I had to yell the number like 3 times. I get myself together as he gathers a couple towels for the car. We got to the hospital about sometime after 3am. I walked into the ER and begged to please, please call for an epidural. I was already in a ton of pain. I got up to room, they assessed that yes, I was in active labor and they went to work getting my IV in, etc. All the while I'm begging for the epidural. Finally it came. And about 20 minutes later I was fully dilated and it was time. And at 4:31am a beautiful, healthy 7lbs, 6oz baby girl was born.

It's hard to believe that 4 years have passed since Julia Claire entered our family. We've moved twice, had job changes and another baby. She is such a sweet, sweet girl. I could not love her more. I'm so thankful we get to be her parents and have her in our family. Happy Birthday Juju...we love you!!

No comments: